Thursday, December 22, 2011

Headphones Buzzin' Or Is "My Mind Playing Tricks On Me"

I felt like rewinding the hands of time today to what I felt like having my headphones buzzin' to. Specifically 1991 " My Minds Playing Tricks On Me" off the album We Can't Be Stopped by the Geto Boys. This is a classic for hip hop. Over the past years it was selected as one of many songs you must hear and download in the musical reference book, 1001 Songs You Must Hear Before You Die: And 10,001 You Must Download. It has been referenced to as one of the best hip hop songs of the 90's and I don't argue that at all. It's a song that describes different mental states like hallucination, delusion and paranoia. How could that turn out wrong? But seriously do yourself a favor and check out the music video to the song below. If you're a fan of hip hop then do yourself some justice and listen to the song and even if your not a fan you may find it's worth a listen. So look below and press play.

No comments: